Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Throughout my research, I have found a couple books that will help me along the way will choreographing this routine. The novels, Modern Dance, and an autobiography about how dance changed a persons life will help me bring creativity into my production. The autobiography will show me struggles of being a dancer and how to overcome them. I hope that during my hands on work that I can teach someone a skill they have always wanted to master. Such skill will include Flexibility. I will work on this with a dancer by giving them certain exercises like gravity splits to help them become more flexible. I will tell them how long to hold the stretch and how often a week you should do it. I also hope that I can teach the dancers to be loose and learn that dance is the majority about having fun. Sure, technique is a big part of the number, but having fun with the movements truly makes the piece come alive! In the next two weeks, I hope that I can collect a team of dancers from all the different studios in Ithaca such as IAD, Armstrong, Ithaca Ballet, and The Next Jennaration.

No comments:

Post a Comment