Thursday, June 5, 2014

Red Flag Journal 6-5-14

How much time did you spend on your project?
This week I spent a total of 5 hours on my project.

What did you do that was hands-on?
This week I made a lot of progress. Bella and I finished the routine and worked on cleaning it. Cleaning a dance means that you go step by step to make sure you and your partner are doing the exact same movement in-sync. I also had to change up the music a tiny bit so I worked on cleaning that up as well. We met at the Y again last night and made great progress.

What research did you do?
I went on Youtube and watched a couple dance videos this week. I have the links posted at home, but I was searching for an idea about how to end a dance. Turns out, it clicked in my head and we have a great ending to our dance.

Did you meet with your mentor? What did you talk about?
No meeting with a mentor this week.

Do you have at least 3 journal entries? Do your journal entries include planning, recording activities, and reflecting?
I have the minimum of three journal entries this week. They describe my hands-on work that I accomplished this week, as well as my hard work that I put into cutting the music and finishing the piece.

Were you in class on this week? Did you have and use your journal?
Yes I was in class this week, but I did not use my journal. The activity in class was more a use of hand-on activities such as evaluating Tyler.

Do you think your fulfillment of WISE requirements was: Inadequate? Adequate? Good? Excellent? Explain.
I am so proud of what I did this week! Although one duet my not seem like a lot of work over the course of 16 weeks, but you have to understand the different skill levels Bella and I are at. This being said, it was very challenging to choreograph certain moves that would look good on both of our abilities. A duet is also one of the most difficult pieces to choreograph in the dance world because in a group dance, it is easier to hide someone in the back say if they didn't know the choreography. However, a duet is much more complicated because two people are shown at all times and if they are not always perfectly together, than that may look very strange.

What are your plans for next week?
I plan on finishing up the paper due for next week, as well as having one more rehearsal time for Bella and I. It will be the last rehearsal before we have to perform so it is mandatory! I am also going to start on my power point presentation and gather all my bibliography's at home and make a works cited!


No comments:

Post a Comment