Monday, May 26, 2014

The surprise

As I mentioned in my last blog, I got a nice visit from Bella's mom during our last rehearsal last week. She usually waits in the car upon Bella's arrival, but I feel that she was very interested in what was going on and what magic was being made during that rehearsal. She came up, and it was unexpected to me. I've known Bella and her mom for quite some years so to me it wasn't awkward. She quietly creeps in with a smile on her asking if she is allowed to watch. I thought this would be a fantastic idea. Performing in front of an audience that you're comfortable with is always a good idea to get you prepared for the real show. I thought this might help Bella prepare too, seeing that she is a little nervous to perform in front of some of her school peers. She watched and gazed in awe as we moved across the floor. Bella's mom as always referred to me as a role model to Bella, so seeing me improve some of Bella's dancing really made her happy. She thought the dance was beautiful and she was very proud of what we accomplished. I think Bella's moms visit really gave me assurance that I was doing the right thing, and doing it well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment